Accomplished programs manager, technical leader, and computer engineer skilled at quickly identifying business needs and creating practical and aggressive solutions. Broad experience base including development, integration, security, operations, and managing distributed teams. Confident negotiator in customer and vendor facing environments. Skilled at both hands-on implementation of complex solutions and managing the risk, quality, cost, and schedule goals during all phases of a product life cycle.
* Programs and Product Management – Contracts execution; Budgeting; Scheduling; Proposal writing; Profit & Loss evaluation; Distributed team management
* Education – Master’s of Science in computer engineering with emphasis in data mining and forecasting
* Security Clearances – Top Secret/SCI/SSBI/CI (Counterintelligence) polygraph; prior DOE-Q
CAILC Technology, Inc.; Florida; 2011 – Present
Business Technology Consultant
* Planned and deployed WiFi solutions using mapping tools including inSSIDer and Ekahau HeatMapper to demonstrate adequate campus wide coverage. These deployments were initiated to increase customer retention and enjoyment.
* Developed comprehensive technology and business implementation plans including Profit and Loss plans, partnership agreements, business development strategies, business continuity plans, compliance strategies, and disaster recovery plans for small businesses.
Raytheon/SI Government Solutions; Melbourne, Florida; 2009 – 2011
Technical Programs Manager – Information Operations (Security and computer warfare)
* Wrote and refactored penetration software for dynamic computer network attack testing based on reverse engineered protocols (using tools such as Wireshark) and on standards documents that included TCP/IP and proprietary protocols. Analyzed x86 and other executable code in IdaPro to identify static vulnerabilities, developed networked test beds, and identified requirements for emulation platforms for vulnerability and security assessments against embedded proprietary hardware. Wrote assessment white papers in accordance with contract requirements.
* Success Story Nomination for two Air Force Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) software development contracts. The contracts were for computer defense products, one dealing with Type 1 bare metal hypervisor virtualization (an advanced software protection competitor to VMWare) and the second with code obfuscation (competitor to VMProtect).
Northrop Grumman; Florida; 2004 – 2008
Integrated Product Team Leader/Programs Manager – Computing Infrastructure
* Chaired Technical Risk Management board. Developed “phase in” strategies to mitigate risks associated with server and software COTS technologies. Many of the extreme performance systems that we required were not yet commercially available within the Size, Weight, and Power (SWAP) constraints of the airborne platform. My contributions included developing risk mitigation and integration plans that provided near term testing on available platforms and drop in replacements when viable COTS solutions became available. In this role, long term versus short term impact, cost impact and schedule impact had to be recognized and evaluated.
Technical Engineering Manager/Talent Management – Network Operation
Senior Systems Engineer – Wireless systems
* Architecture designer for transitioning wireless product from demonstration program to marketed solution. Primary point of contact and negotiator for vendors, manufacturers, subcontractors, and customers. Ultimately responsible for requirements specifications, project planning, systems integration, field testing, assessment reports, project cost, schedule, and product technical performance.
* Proposal writer and technical integrator for SOCOM, DARPA, and other business pursuit efforts. These $2M to $50M contracts included wireless and wired computing technology solutions, Operations and Maintenance solutions, wearable computing solutions, and wireless sensor network solutions.
Joshua Systems Technology Integration; 2001 – 2004
* Designed Local Exchange Carrier and Customer Premise integration test beds for commercial network deployments. These test beds required OSHA compliance and employed test equipment including FIREBERD communications analyzers, protocol analyzers, oscilloscopes, cable testers, and standardized endpoint devices.
* Wrote embedded assembly line software system for Case IH Agriculture and Farm Equipment final acceptance testing that included an electrical interface test bed with frequency, pressure, and temperature transducers.
* Championed business partnerships and provided comprehensive solutions that included business process continuity, training, marketing, and call centers. Single source solutions focused on reducing costs and risks, and increasing customer satisfaction. Efforts concentrated on network operations, software development, and systems integration.
* Authored white papers and created training courses in software engineering, network design, and competitive trade studies to standardize client presentations, processes, and development environments.
Paradyne Corporation; telecommunications manufacturing software engineer; 1998 – 2001
Raytheon; high-availability secure network systems integration engineer; 1993 – 1998
Saint Petersburg College; instructor; computer science and engineering; 1993 – 1998
Master of Science in Computer Engineering (MSCpE); University of South Florida; 2000
Emphasis in artificial intelligence data mining, and mathematical modeling of business, facility, and natural systems
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering (BSCpE); University of South Florida; 1991
KEY WORD SUMMARY
This section is provided for enhanced Search Engine Optimization Not intended for reading
* Program and Project Management: Managing geographically distributed teams; risk management; cost/schedule/technical performance management and tradeoff analysis; Concept of Operation; Customer/vendor liaison; Statement of Work; business modeling; strategic planning; program execution, Earned Value Management (EVMS); Contract negotiation; Control Account Manager (CAM); Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF); Cost Plus Award Fee (CPAF); Firm Fixed Priced (FFP); Time & Materials (T&M); Integrated Master Schedule (IMS); cost control; Risk Planning and Mitigation; Systems Engineering Technical Assessment (SETA); Lead Systems Integrator (LSI)
* Information operations: information operations (IO); computer network operations (IO/CNO); computer network attack (IO/CNA); computer network exploitation (IO/CNE); computer network defense (IO/CND); information warfare; cyber warfare; cyber operations; Information Assurance (IA)
* Testing: Systems Test & Integration, validation, and root cause analysis for development and fielded solutions; Design for Testability; White box/Black box testing; Software/Unit Test; static testing; dynamic/fuzz testing;
* Design and Analysis: Risk analysis; ISO/MIL/2167A; Waterfall/SDLC; Dynamic Systems Development Method/DSDM/RAD/JAD; Capability Maturity Model/SEI/CMM; Requirements and Feature Analysis; Total Cost of Ownership/TCO; Commercial Off-The-Shelf/COTS; Electronic Data Interchange (EDI); Sherpa DMS
* Networking & Operating Systems: Network Operations Center (NOC) Supervisor; Designing and deploying high-availability data communication networks; Ad-hoc wireless networks; Redundant path networks; Paradyne WAN ACE; Riverstone Router Architecture and Configuration; Security Analysis; Routers, Firewalls, Cryptographic devices/KG; Client/Server, Distributed, and High Availability/Fault tolerant Systems Analysis; operations & maintenance (Microsoft Windows, Unix, TinyOS, HP-UX, Solaris, OSF, AIX, Alpha, SunOS, VAX/VMS); Networking (TCP/IP, DECNet, LAN/WAN Layer 2 & 3, Frame Relay, Wireless Networks, T1, POTS); Local Exchange Carriers/LEC/CLEC/CO/CP; Wireless Infrastructure security management (GSM, Nokia Siemens Networks); Operations & Maintenance (O&M); Transducers & protocols, device control; 66/Punchdown blocks
* Software: Requirements specifications; software test; interface definition/ICD; Analysis of Algorithms; Component Object Model/COM; Code Reuse; Human-Machine Interfacing/HMI; Device Control Protocol Design; Quality Assurance; Configuration Management; 2167A; Software design & development (Iconics/Genesis32, C, Scripting, SAS, LISP, Pascal, Neuralware Predict, Ada, Visual Studio/Visual Basic/ActiveX, FORTRAN); Oracle DBA; SQL
* Manufacturing Engineering: Process Improvement; Quality Assurance; Manufacturing Resource Planning, ICONICS/Genesis, Automated Test Equipment (GenRad, Teradyne, In Circuit Test)
* Programs: DARPA NEST SETA/LSI (Network Embedded Systems Technology, ad-hoc wireless sensor networks); CASE tractor manufacturing line using Grayhill; Iconics/Genesis32/VBA; Artificial Intelligence (AI, systems forecasting); E-10A/MC2A/BMC2; Combat Air Force Distributed Network Operations/CAF DMO; Telecommunications Systems EF&I