Pizza pizza pizza! Do you enjoy trying simple recipes? This is a great simple recipe for a quick pizza night.
I went to Aldi’s today and was thinking, well, what can I make for dinner tonight? Started walking through the store, picked up quite a few fruits and vegetables… but still had not found dinner. I was thinking, maybe tacos? Okay, go grab some taco shells. Then as I was approaching the checkout lane, I noticed pizza pies with packets of red sauce, but then you add the rest of the ingredients. And it got me thinking…. (okay, okay, lots of things get me thinking!)…
How about flatbread pizza made with flour tortillas?
And a new recipe began!
Ingredients (for mine, but be creative!)
- Flour tortillas
- Crushed tomatoes in a can
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Italian herb seasoning (dry package of herbs)
- Corn starch (for cooking, to keep the tortilla from frying on the cookie sheet)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Lightly spread the corn starch on an ungreased cookie sheet (suggestion, use a metal strainer)
- Lay flour tortilla on the corn starch covered cookie sheet
- Spread the crushed tomato sauce lightly on the tortilla. Be careful, too much is going to make a soggy pizza, too little won’t give it much taste!
- Cover nicely with dry Italian herb seasoning
- Cover with Mozzarella cheese
- Add topings
- Cover with Pepperoni
- Cover with Mushrooms
- Bake for about 12 minutes, or until completely cooked and the cheese is bubbling
That is it! Quite a simple recipe, and very tasty!
Just a few notes
- The pizza is very thin. This is both good and bad! Very few bread carbohydrates, which is good! Lots of rich taste, which is good! If you like thin pizza, this might be your answer!
- I haven’t been able to master the crunchy crust option. still working on that! I’ll be back when I figure out how to make crunchy crust.